Sunday 10 May 2015

Notice board in a village

I kept telling the designer how much I love working in a village set - I really loved being outside in fine May, June sky.

Then I was getting more props that I can work on.
The notice board was one of those.
At the wall of a house in a middle of the village high street, there was a board to put the public notice or any important messages.


I don't where this shape came from - it was there when I was told to go and do. A board with a pretty little hat on. Frame and boards are all nicely aged down.

I don't know either whether village people can read the notices. I suppose someone who can read used to tell what it is about to the who can't.


With a oil based paint, I put the heading ‘notice board to the who lives in Ako village’.
Then they can have a paper notice pasted everytime they get one.
Paper was slightly thicker than the normal Japanese handmade paper but has similar looking. I wrote the wording, sprayed to be water proof, and then aging spray.

Looking at now, the edge of the paper looks too sharp as they should not have any sharp knife!

I did put some more bits of papers and peeled them out to look old and used afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment