Sunday 14 September 2014

Copyright

Last year I worked with a talented graphic designer for the very British fashion brand. They needed my two letters with their logo for their new package design.

I signed their paper when I got to their meeting room.
The pile of paper stated how I should behave around this work.

I can say that I'm involved with this job, but cannot specify which project that was. I can not have any images of their final product, nor a link to those.

The product is out now and I saw massive posters everywhere!

For this film job, we all have to sign T&C and agreements even you work for them for a day. I have been paid by a production company, and they own the film. Whatever I've done under their name, the stuff I written or made are all theirs, rather than mine.

It is a simple fact.
But those massive posters in the city remind me that we, calligraphers and designers all have to be careful often.

Copy of wood cut print book from 16th C. 

But the good thing is I always can talk to my colleagues or friends to discuss these things and always always be saved and helped by... Thank you, all xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment