Friday 13 June 2014

background of dancing stage.

Watched a film as DVD finally.
It was a sort of strange experiences as I know every bits on screens. There are some hidden, but still there things, like chest, lanterns, screens, small things on screens or just out of sight. Strange!

One of the things on a screen and seen longer and clearer than I expected is a background of dancing stage. At he scene of the wedding of Mika & Kira.

At first when we talked about this I thought it would a pine tree as you can see a lot on Noh stage. But the one Art Director chose was different.

Hasegawa Togaku (d. 1623), Calligraphy by Tetsuzan Sodon (1531-1617) 

This could be too autumnal I thought and told so to bosses. He still loves this art work but changed gold to silver.

Wanted have Chinese poem first but decided to have Japanese traditional poems with kana style.
Two famous heart broken love songs.

Mock up after combined scanned lettering and the background. They gave me go ahead.

At the painters place.
On canvas, all paintings are done so I could not have any mistakes!

Scale is quite big comparing to my usual works. I did not measure especially but place words by just looking.


They used very strong lights on this scene and silver looks fantastic, very effective!


No comments:

Post a Comment