Saturday 7 June 2014

sake bottles

From the beginning we knew we are going to need some ‘sake’ bottles for many different scenes.



 Looked for the references from books and online...


And the buyers bought many bottles in Japan and brought them back - I went to see them at the prop warehouse.

They've got telephone numbers on their bodies....


Of course there wasn't any in Ronin era. So we decided to paint them over to cover them and I write them over.






I used black emulsion to write ‘sake’ and the painter painted over again to make them look old and dirty afterwards.


I also wrote some in Budapest. They were for the battle scene at Dejima, when Kai fought vs Oishi and they were those special breakable ones - they break really easy so that people would not hurt when they are smacked.
And they were, really, easily breaking.


I painted with a guy who was actually making some more and I broke at least three in front of him. If I placed it on a table as we all normally do, it broke. It was like you handle empty egg shell. He was crossed a bit after I broke three or more but it was really interesting...





No comments:

Post a Comment