Saturday 21 June 2014

maps & battle venue.

Out set dec team has one graphic designer and we made lots of things together with my Japanese writings and her creative images.
Maps of Kira's land was one of them.


I found many good examples of old maps mainly at some universities online archives which was very helpful for making these. I wished I could visited there or library to see the actual ones.

We, I at least, enjoyed making this with detail information which you cannot see but you can see the map on screen when Oishi and fellow discussed how to get into Kira's place.

The others we created together was the plan of battle festival.
It meant to be a celebration, show case of battle with Shogun with them and the festival was names Blue Lotus festival - that is why you can see the lotus flower in the middle.


You can't see this on screen at all which is a shame but again I enjoyed the process of making it.

There were also millions of flags on this scene which everyone who hasn't got any urgent job had to help painting, and others like arrows or gunpowder containers.

There is an actual tiger skin (unreal? not sure) I painted ‘tiger’ on the back as the Tiger clan battle flag. Again I could not find it on screen but it was there.


The skin was probably taller than me, on the working table and I was standing over it to paint one letter. I did not have a big enough brush and also it was not distant enough between the skin and me to look it properly but it was okay. 

There were many other stuff we made for this scene but I may talk about them later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment