Sunday 28 December 2014

Silks to cover the pillars 2

I thought the letters can be smaller when I first took the trial silk on the set. So I made them so.


I made spaces around the letters bigger - but then when I took this on to the set again, now the letters looked too small for the whole set! Your eyes straight went into the white spaces rather than the letters. I could be angry with myself.

Now I figured out how I do, I had to produce quantity.



When I did Kira's purple lanterns, I didn't have time to put them in the order that I thought they should be but this time we had a bit more. Not always but I tried to take them on the set by myself and put it under the pillars which I think each one should be on.
The players is continued to each other but I thought more important is the style of writing. Tried to put the same scripts next to each other...

And that was the result.


Much better result than the purple lanterns!


With (fake) sakura and white banners, it looked quite authentic even though you will never see this kind of decorations actually in Japan. But it works brilliantly as a film set!

From the temple side with soldiers.


You only see a split second on the actual silver screen but it became one of my favorite sets in the end and I found myself loving to write letters on silks.

No comments:

Post a Comment