Friday 8 August 2014

stencil made

I have just been to Shepperton Studio again last week and this week to do a lots of English and also some Chinese Kanji letterings.

They made some cut out stencil made from my lettering scanned in, and looks fab in 3D.


They will have some stencil letters and my actual hand writings mixed up and looked great. While we have been working on to those, I was telling them I did similar for 47...

They were also the shipping containers, as my previous story. We did some stencil made, too to make producing process speedier.


Some sketches of trading marks (fictional).  And we would see how it goes with actual writings. 
And tried them onto the actual materials and surfaces to see how it looks....


And those oil containers were done quite later on when we all knew how these works. Stencil looked great and I was just putting ‘oil’ lettering in the pots. 


They would put ‘aging’ paint over them and make them look more decent, and they did look great on sets - and on screen you would believe they are antiques... Magic.


Anyway, stencil can be a cheap way to speed up things but it can also look great. Now I've done these all, I could come up with much better idea next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment