Saturday 31 January 2015

How to fold

I was helping to set up Mika's rooms after Kira took her away.
The Witch didn't like Mika at all and in our script she was harassing Mika in many ways while she was there.

One scene was Witch encouraged Mika to kill herself with powder, saying killing her is much easier and less damaged than forty seven of them, including Kai and Oiish risking their lives to rescue her.

Designer asked me to sort this powder package.
When I was a small child, the doctors gave me some paper folded sachets, powder medicine inside it. I don't know this was happening in 47's era but that was the only thing I could think of.

I decided to use poem written paper to make some sachets. Chose a poem, wrote it, photo-copied and cut into square.
Needed to know where the poem to be shown when its folded.


Poem is about the loving couple, feeling sad not be able to see each other that often.

I needed to ask Internet how to fold this sachet.

Used sugar from the kitchen to make it real, and there you have medicine sachets.


According to the script, this happens when the two ladies eating their dinners together. And the designer asked me to choose suitable chopsticks from the stock room. We could not find the suitable pair so we decided to paint the wooden pairs.

I don't know why it was me but they asked me to paint them using the safe paint as the actors may chew during the shoot. I've asked how to to the painter and decided the colour and design and there we had them.


I think the powder medicine gone out of the film but two ladies are still at the dinner table. I remember Witch pointed Mika with her chop sticks at the end tip of her snakey hair... But not sure they are my chop sticks or not.
But seeing these two ladies have been very well and active, I guess those were made safe enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment